Friday, May 4, 2012

Tsali Knobscorcher

April 1

I did a couple of the SERC series races back  in 2000 when I started riding mountain bikes.  I was a total beginner and EVERY race was hard to me then. College and a full-time job kept me busy from 2001 on, so sadly my XC racing career lasted all of 2 years.  When I started racing mountain bikes again last year I dove right into the longer races since I enjoyed the sense of "epic adventure" they offered.  So, for the past year I have done longer, more endurance-type racing...very different from anything in the SERC series.  Knowing that I am a lot more fit now than I was in 2000, I was thinking that this Knobscorcher would be a cakewalk. I was so wrong! I am used to getting my heart rate up, setting a certain pace, and settling in, plodding away the endless miles.  The knobscorcher would not allow such a thing. I had to concentrate on staying "pegged", reminding myself that I was RACING, and that means that I need to be passing people, not getting passed. I managed to fight and suffer for 3rd place
 in the sport category. 



I met lots of fun people at this race and was amazed at all the talent.






Kym, Catherine, and Paula all had podium spots as well. I feel so lucky to have such fast rock stars on my team! They are fantastic role models for a newbie like me!









No comments:

Post a Comment