Thursday, May 17, 2012

Tanasi

May 6, 2012

Emily, Paula, me, and Kym

The 5th race of the SERC series is at Tanasi on trails I  know and love. That last time I did this race was way back in 2000, and I lined up with about 10 other beginners holding onto my 30 lb. bike, trying not to throw up.  I  was super relaxed this time around, hoping for a podium spot, but also understood that my legs were still fatigued from 3 State 3 Mountain the day before.  It was a good first ride for Isla (my new bike). She climbed and rode like a champ.  I'm sure there were many times that she wished for a faster rider because I just wasn't pushing her hard enough.  I gave it my best, finishing fourth.  I guess I was a little too laid back in the beginning because I didn't even think about my calories.  I only had water in my camelbak & didn't even think to eat until about halfway through the second lap...too late at that point.  I could really feel the deficit.  I was upset at myself for overlooking a very important component to racing, nutrition!  Overall, it was a great day to be on the bike.  US Stove/Vantaggio had lots of good representation, totally dominating the podium!  One day maybe I'll be up there with you guys!


That's Kym on top, Paula came in 3rd, and Catherine in 4th.  Emily did an awesome job as well and would have been in this picture, but she was being interviewed at the time it was taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment