Thursday, May 17, 2012

Superfood Salad!

Yes, it does make you super strong and it may give you super powers, you'll have to find that out for yourself.  Since I had all this time to get updated on blog posts, I thought, "hum, maybe I'll share what I've been eating all week, since it is SUPER good!"  So, my 2 readers, prepare to get up and go to the kitchen because after reading this you will be hungry.  Tim has been out of town this week, so I knew I wasn't going to be doing any cooking.  I had this salad last week at Greenlife, so I went back to get some more for dinner Monday night and they didn't have it. :( The good lady behind the counter printed me the ingredients and I went shopping.  Here it is:

Kale (I used red kale I got from Chattanooga market on Sunday)
Blueberries
soybeans
napa cabbage (greenlife was out, so I used red cabbage)
carrots
red onion
grape tomatoes
goji berries
cashews (I used raw cashews)
sunflower seeds

superfood dressing: canola oil (I used grapeseed oil), acai juice, apple cider vinegar, salt, garlic, pepper, cayenne pepper.

You'll have to play with the amounts. My dressing wasn't quite the same as Greenlife's, but I also chose to used very little oil.  As you can see, I made a huge batch and ate on it all week.  I feel fueled and ready for SYLLAMO'S Revenge this weekend! Stay tuned for the race report. (I will try to make it next week and not next month.) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment