Thursday, May 17, 2012

New Bike!

May 6, 2012




Oh my goodness...you could just stare at her for hours!  Isla, the Superfly 100 Pro.  The sparkle of the carbon fibers in the sunlight and the blingy shocks just scream, "Get me 'otta here and onto some dirt!"  Her and I will have lots of fun times this year.  I'm racing her tomorrow at Tanasi and I can't wait to see what it's going to feel like climbing on such a light bike, SRAM XX components really cut down on the weight. A part of me wants to hang her up on my living room, so I can just look at her for countless hours and keep her sparkling clean forever.  I think I'm really going to like having my front shock lock-out button on my handlebar, very easy to access.  Usually I don't even mess with locking out my fork on climbs because I forget to unlock it, and I'll remember this halfway down a hairy descent (because it feels way too rough) at the moment when its vital to keep both hands on the bar and/or brakes.  Not the best time to be reaching down to turn a knob on your fork.  Also, I'm excited to test out the added stiffness the thru-axle is going to provide, supposed to be 35% stiffer!  Thanks to Taylor at Trek Store of Chattanooga for doing such a fabulous job on the build


No comments:

Post a Comment