Saturday, May 26, 2012

Good Ride!


Today was one of those rides where everything felt good!  We rode up on Racoon, and there are these spots that seem to give me trouble from time to time.  On bad days, I don't clear any of these spots, the ride sucks, I'm in a foul mood, and I can't wait to be done. In these spots there is usually a rock or two involved and most of the time the rocks win.  If I wreck, it's a failed attempt.  If I put a foot down, it's a failed attempt.  If I get stopped and have to restart, it's a failed attempt.  Today there were NO failed attempts!  I cleared EVERY single one of my headache spots, I felt nice and strong on the climbs, and my finger-time on the brake levers was less than it normally was.  I am starting to just used to the heat of the summer and I enjoyed every minute I was on my bike.  These smiles are hard to come by after a hot and nasty ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment