Saturday, May 5, 2012

Mud Loves Company!


It's always an adventure when you're on top of a mountain, getting ready to start a mountain bike ride and you can see really dark clouds in the distance. Star says, "Oh, I think its moving towards Huntsville."  I just love her optimism!  Great, we were good.  Well, we were for about the first hour, then the rain started, and kept going for the next hour.  We slipped, slided, grinded our gears, ate mud, and got down right filthy!  It finally stopped raining when we were about 4 miles from the car, just enough time to get semi-dry.  Needless to say, we were a complete mess!  I don't mind riding in the rain, it's good training to deal with race day conditions.  On race day, anything goes and you've got to deal with it, even if you know it's going to completely destroy your drivetrain.  Thankfully, on this day I had a friend to experience adventure with; we were the better for it.  Many people I know would have looked at those clouds and got back in the car. Not Star! She's an adventure racer! Her and I made lemonade out of lemony weather that that day!


No comments:

Post a Comment